Follow these steps to use the Bluetooth Pocket Spectrum Credit Card Swiper and Receipt Printer on your Android Device.
First, you need to Reset the Pocket Spectrum
- Turn off the Pocket Spectrum (if it is already on).
- Press and Hold the ON button for at least 3 seconds.
- When the paper starts advancing, release the ON button. A diagnostic sheet will be printed.
After the print out completes, the printer’s Bluetooth memory is cleared and ready for pairing to your mobile device.
1. Tap on the “Settings” icon of your mobile device
2. Tap on “Wireless & Networks”
3. Make sure Bluetooth is Checked (on).
4. Then tap on “Bluetooth Settings”
5. Tap on “Scan for Devices”
Your phone will locate the Pocket Spectrum with a number beginning with “MPS” (for Mobile Pro Spectrum)
6. Tap on this device.
7. Enter Pin 1000
When asked for the Pin number, tap inside the PIN box to bring up the keyboard, then select the numbers to enter PIN: 1000 (as shown),
8. You will see the printer listed as “Paired but Not Connected”.
This is what you want. The connection is made on an “As-Needed” basis by Pocket Pocket Verifier.
9. Turn the printer off, then back on
That’s all there is to it. You are now set up and ready to swipe credit cards and print receipts.